Asphalt Plant automation
PROTEM asphalt automation provides holistic solutions to the problem of centralized production control, ensuring steady production quality that does not depend on the operator’s skills. In addition, the rejections and waste are minimized, resulting in saving valuable resources for the company
• Automatic and continuous feeding control of the aggregates to the burner, individually for each aggregate, based on the mix design percentages.
• Automatic regulation of aggregate temperature on the burner’s output by using advanced PID algorithms. Maximum deviation of ± 8ºC from the desired temperature. The deviation can be lowered to ± 3º C when a moisture meter is installed.
• Aggregates for the 1st batch (cold mixer) and the last batch (mixer cleaning) are regulated by the automation in order to minimize the waste.
• Exhaust gas measurement using special sensors in order to optimize the air-fuel ratio in the burner. This results in lower fuel consumption and less environmental pollution.
• Dryer’s bag filter operation and control through exhaust gas temperature monitoring and automatic adjust of the vacuum inside the dryer.
• Maximum precision in bitumen and aggregate weighing so that each batch is within the acceptable tolerances. Asphalt-mix production differs from concrete production at this point; each asphalt batch is not further mixed inside a mixer truck, means that non-uniform mixtures cannot further homogenized after exiting the mixer.
• Hot asphalt storage silos management and truck loading from the storage silos.
• Bitumen tank pre-heating can be scheduled when the plant is not operating on a daily basis.
• Record keeping of historical production data, errors, mix design and modification history.
• Custom mimic diagram of the plant so that it is fully compatible with the process equipment that exists in each customer’s asphalt plant.